Thursday, March 4, 2010
Since Sunday is Oscar day, I thought this would be a good time to pay attention to my blog awards. The Silver Lining Award is from Lisa over at Why A? So many thanks to Lisa.
I like the idea of a silver lining, especially since I'm thinking spring these days despite the record breaking snow in South Jersey.
And here's another award:
It's the Creative Liar Award by Bish. You are supposed to tell six outrageous lies (aren't most lies outrageous?) and one truth, put the award on your blog, thank and link to the person. So thanks to Bish, and here goes.
1. I am writing a novel involving a German shepherd, a teenager, a compass, an enchanted map, and a hidden, mystical land. I am about halfway done and not one, but two agents, are interested in repping it.
2. I only have one kidney. I lost the other to gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my last baby.
3. I once told a NYC agent that I didn't want to be represented because I was never going to write novels. At the time he contacted me, I had just begun to write short stories, I had three kids under the age of six, and I couldn't imagine how he could "see" that I was going to become a novelist on the basis of a 1500 word short story. I explained how I could write a page or two a week. I thought he was nuts and stopped returning his phone calls.
4. At the age of 15, I rowed almost completely across New York Harbor alongide a ferry boat. I turned around when I saw a Harbor Patrol boat.
5. One of my best friends is Sam, is a transsexual who channels Anna Nicole.
6. My oldest son is joining the Navy in July, two weeks after high school graduation.
Can you spot the one true statement?
Now, onto the nominees. For both awards, I am going to nominate Mary, KC, Katie and Sarah Frances at PlotThis, Marcia and Shelley. They can play if they want; no pressure if they don't.
Let's see who can guess the truth...