Friday, October 7, 2011

Blogcation

Hey fellow bloggers and blog readers --

I haven't been around much on the Internet lately. Actually, I haven't been around much at all. My mom was in the hospital for surgery and you know how crazy it gets when you have someone in the hospital. You sort of dash around living on coffee (hey, it's from a plant source, right? add milk and you've got calcium, a cheese danish with cherries and you've got protein and fruit -- need more?) We couldn't wait for Mom to get better, get out, and our lives to get back to normal.

 Unfortunately, none of those three wishes came true. It was very unexpected and we are all left sort of in mid air. And truth being far stranger than ficiton, there are several other areas of craziness going on in my life that have coincided with this event.

I'll be back around. I'm not sure when, but  I'll come visit you all soon.

12 comments:

Marcia said...

Oh, Anne, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be hoping and praying that heartbreak and chaos will be giving way to peace and comfort very soon.

Lorelei Bell said...

Very sorry to hear that. Have been through this twice now. Not fun.

Here is hoping you will get through this. I'm sure with support of your loved ones you shall.

Take care.

P.S. I just picked up "Light Beneath Ferns" and can't wait to get started on it!

Adrienne said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time. Take care of yourself.

Janet Johnson said...

Sorry to hear about you mom. :( Hope she gets better soon and your 3 wishes come true soon.

Mary Witzl said...

I'm sorry to hear this too! We're all intellectually aware that life can throw out surprises, but when it happens, it still comes as a shock. Here's hoping you get your life back on track asap and your mother makes a full recovery.

(Why do I suddenly want coffee and a cherry danish?)

Mary Witzl said...

I'm sorry to hear this too! We're all intellectually aware that life can throw out surprises, but when it happens, it still comes as a shock. Here's hoping you get your life back on track asap and your mother makes a full recovery.

(Why do I suddenly want coffee and a cherry danish?)

Bish Denham said...

Oh my goodness Anne! I'm so sorry. I hope your mom gets better soon and that your life so slows down to it's normal dull roar.

Glynis Peters said...

Sorry to hear your news. I hope your struggles ease up asap!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your mom, Anne. I hope she's getting better and that you're gaining stability in your life.

Glynis Peters said...

I hope all is well in your world.

Nora MacFarlane said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope things settle down soon and you can have peace and normalcy back in your life.

Adrienne said...

Just stopped by to wish you peace and joy for 2012!